Locally Based, Local Contacts and Aligning Solutions to your Environmental Problems
Environmental Risk Assessment
Environmental Risk Assessment is the process of establishing an inventory of site hazards which can lead to environmental or social effects. The likelihood of impact both on- site and off-site is assessed and recommendations to the proponent made based on legislative requirements and best practice guidelines.
Sites where Environmental Risk Assessment may apply include:
- Public utility sites
- Contaminated sites
- Recreation reserves
- Infrastructure projects which may have cumulative environmental effects
Visitor Risk Assessment
Visitor Risk Assessment (VRA) and subsequent Management of Visitor Risks (VRM), is a systemic process of identification and control of a broad range of risks which have the potential to lead to the injury of visitors to land or property. The three primary objectives of Visitor Risk are to:
- Assess the likelihood of harm or injury to visitors.
- Instigate measures to ensure the risk is reduced.
- Develop and apply procedures for management of the risks.
- Bio Diverse Solutions Environmental Consultant Kathryn Kinnear has formal training in Visitor Risk Assessment. This knowledge is applied in all new development proposals and especially in Natural Areas managed by Local Authorities and Government Agencies (Parks and Reserves).